● Troubleshoot issues with worker nodes, maintenance and scale-out tasks.
● Performing Maintenance activities on cluster line performing patching, configuration changes, installing operators etc.
● LDAP sync configuration, adding and removing users and assigning roles to groups/users.
● Create, Modify & delete of projects. Assign project specific roles to users/groups.
● Assist application team on resolving issues with pods like crash loopback, image pull back and other errors. Assist in implementing best practices to configure readiness and liveness probes.
● Create, Modify and delete network policy rules based on customer requirement.
Configuring Service Accounts
● Service accounts management, role creation and assigning roles.
● Assign, modify and remove roles (cluster and project) to users and groups.
● Monitor registry storage and perform regular cleanup. Assist application team in pushing required images to OpenShift cluster.
Managing Security Context Constraints
● Create, Modify SCC based on custom requirement and assign to specific projects.
Setting up Quotas & Limit Ranges
● Configure, modify project quotas and limit ranges. Assist application team on issues with quotas and limits.
SSL Certificate management
● Perform certificate management when the existing certificates are expired and when needed.
Analyzing Cluster Capacity
● Check cluster utilization and share reports to business when needed. Forecast capacity growth requirement and handle capacity increase.
Environment Health Checks
● Perform Daily health check of cluster and fix issues based on observations. Implement and customize Grafana dashboards if required to effectively monitor the cluster.
● Backup of critical configuration and DB when needed or before any maintenance activities.
Platform Life-cycle Management & Upgrades
● Planning and platform patching and upgrade with Zero downtime.
Master and Node Configurations
● Customize master and node configurations post deployment of OpenShift to meet requirements.
User and Role Management
● Implement AD/LDAP sync for each environment and also implement automated sync of the groups.
● Post OpenShift deployment, configure OpenShift platform to use custom SSL certificates provided by customer for console and application URL.
Incident Management Tasks
● Incident identification
● Incident logging
● Incident categorization
● Incident prioritization
● Incident response
● Initial diagnosis
● Incident escalation
● Investigation and diagnosis
● Resolution and recovery
● Incident closure
Problem Management Tasks
● Problem Identification
● Problem Categorization and Prioritization
● Problem Diagnosis and Resolution
● Problem and Error Control
● Problem Closure and Evaluation
● Major Problem Review
● Problem Management Reporting
Service Request Management Tasks
● Request Fulfillment Support
● Request Logging and Categorization
● Request Model Execution
● Request Monitoring and Escalation
● Request Closure and Evaluation
● Standard Changes: Pre-authorized, low-risk Changes that follow a well-known procedure.
● Emergency Changes: Changes that must be implemented immediately, for example to resolve a Major Incident.
● Normal Changes: All other Changes that are not Standard Changes or Emergency Changes.
● Assessment of Change Proposals
● RFC Logging Review
– Assessment and Implementation of Emergency Changes
– Change Deployment
– Post Implementation Review and Change Closure